Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A SPOOKY Halloween dinner


Halloween is a fun holiday. To celebrate, I decided to cook a fun (and very simple) Halloween dinner. We had Mummies (crescent rolls and cheese wrapped around a hot dog) and Brains (a head of cauliflower with cheese sauce). Yes, that's cheese sauce. It looks disgusting, doesn't it? I tried making the sauce from scratch and ended up burning it and it went an ugly brownish-yellow color. I thought, "Oh, that's alright. It adds to the Halloween effect." (If anyone has a good cheese sauce from scratch recipe, send it my way. Mine always ends up flour-y. I don't really like Velveeta, but it would be yummy compared to this!) Anyway, the cheese sauce didn't taste good at all. Kyler's face says it all. And I'm not a big fan of hot dogs, but I did it for the kids. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment